Iran is one of the worst 10 countries in the world for persecution of religious minorities, especially evangelical Christians. Words of Hope Iran is building the church one soul at a time in one of the hardest places on earth.
Iran is a hard place. Less than one percent of the population in this Middle Eastern country is Christian. What’s more, Muslim-background converts to Christianity risk facing the death penalty since Iran is one of the most persecutory countries in the world. All evangelical churches have been forced to close; Bibles may not be published; and people who meet together in house churches live constantly on the brink of discovery and punishment. And yet, even in this very hard place, there is a sincere longing for the good news of the gospel. The underground church in Iran appears to be growing faster now than ever before, proving that hope in Christ is stronger than the fear of death. Through many gifts and prayers offered by supporters, Words of Hope is finding ways to share life-saving good news with Iranians without putting them or our producers in danger. Radio, Internet, and other tools are helping us reach farther with the gospel than we ever could before.
- Pray for the protection and strength for those who follow Jesus despite the severe risks and challenges.
- Pray for the safety of the growing house churches across the country.
- Pray for the many believers who have been imprisoned because of their faith.
- Pray for effectiveness of the Bible training conferences and for the safety of the participants.
- Pray for necessary logistical decisions to advance Kingdom work inside Iran.
What would you do if you had no Bible?..
Q & A in a Censored World
Despite many obstacles, Iranian believers are getting their questions about the Bible answered...